Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What about the Missing TATA?

Memories, like the corner of my mind. Lala, lala laa....what about the missing TATA? Where did she go, will she come back, the world wants to know...hehehehehe. As you may remember the TATA had to go. It had caused a lot of problems and had to be eradicated.

Now T had spoke to me about reconstruction. I chose to have a saline chest expander placed in my chest at the same time the mastectomy was done. Now it was time to expand.

Dr. Lewis had wanted me to wait to heal from my last surgery as well as recover from my first round of chemo.

Well, we go to see Dr. Lewis and they are prepared to expand. First we discuss how big do I want to be, than he prepares......Da tadata...

First he has to use a magnet to search for the plug in my expander so he can insert the needle and inject the saline. Than he fills the syringe with about 100 to 150 cc's of saline. Than he places this huge needle in my breast and injects. Amazing. My chest starts to expand like a balloon. I never knew how a balloon felt, but now I do.

You can almost hear the stretch and feel the pull. Also the process hurts a bit. Dr. Lewis is very careful with the stretching as it is very important that he does not over stretch and hurt me as well as he has to keep the skin supple.

This whole process last about 15 to 20 minutes.

Than I am done, I put my stuff the TATA stuff back in my bra and T and I go to Manhattans a local restaurant around the corner.

Now mind you my taste buds suck so eating anywhere is a trial. However, I have always liked Manhattans. I have been going to this restaurant for about 14 years so I am confident I can find something.

I finally have a drink. My taste buds have changed again! From drinking scotch for years I now change to gin and tonic. Tanguery and Tonic to be exact. I think that it is the snap of the gin that eases my taste buds.

T and I have a little time to sit down and reflect on our journey. All of my surgeries, my first chemo and our first session of stretch the TATA.

T has started to call it growing Titties around this Mutha For you!

So now I have simultaneous journeys going on.....the long road of chemo and the growing of the Titties......:)

No comments: