Wednesday, November 12, 2008

4th round of chemo

4th Round of chemo.....whoo dehoo...we are midway there...

As usual , T is nervous. He tends to get antsy when I have chemo. One of my sistah girls is coming down from northern VA. She and I are great friends, more like sisters. She was one of the first of my girlfriends that I called to advise I had breast cancer.



She is also a fabulous cook. I asked her to bring me some of her turkey burgers with mango salsa. Well , Mr. T. said no. I was like nope. He was like nope. So as I got dressed.....u know the routine....funky shorts...high heeled wedges with a flower at the toe ....big earrings, white ball cap, and face beat up(made up....for the non queens in the house...hehehe).



However, now I am mad. How dare T tell me what I can and cannot eat. We argue all the way to chemo....Aggh I am so pissed.



This is messing up my karma!



T has left me at the door ! Good! I walk in and get set up. No problems...My sistah girl from Northern VA comes in and my other girlfriend my classmate stops by for lunch. We have a grand time laughing and joking. Another one of my girlfriends brings me lunch. I have been blessed with tremendous support!

Near the end, I start to feel a little funny. My throat feels scratchy! I let the fabulous nurse patty know and she starts the ball rolling. She contacts the head of the pharmacy....my chemo bartender, than my doctor comes along with the head of the nursing staff. Additionally, the oxygen has been brought around....just in case. My girlfriend from Northern VA is so impressed. She remarked how everything moved smoothly, no panic, just symmetry. I noticed it too.

Because, everyone moved quickly and in a seamless manner. We could converse about how I was feeling and the best way to handle it.

We decided that we would add some bendryl to my port. In a few minutes I was fine.

OOH, how I love it when a plan comes together.

Since , my sistah girl was there, she took me home.

We went to the bank, than to the store, than home. Within an hour, the woollies had come on me. I became very, very weak and had to lay down. T had the couch already made up for me and I just went to sleep. Lucky for me, I did not have to entertain my girl , she was cool.

She just watched me and gave T a very needed break!

No comments: