Friday, July 4, 2008

Aftermath of Surgery take one

The surgery was successful. I came out in one piece. I was alive with no funky side effects.

Dr. B told the Williams Family it was successful. The got the tumor and the sentinel node biopsy was clean.



The fact that the sentinel node was clean was essitial in determining for a fact the staging of my cancer. So though I knew a lot, the surgery was the first step in determining the staging of my cancer and the next step to take regarding treatment options.



The next step is determining if we have clear margins. Clear margins are also critical because with out them you cannot make an prepare a effective treatment plan.



You can find out if your sentinel node is clean during the surgery, but you cannot at this time determine clear margins until the mass and a sample of tissue has been removed and examined.



Dr. B has told me and My family that I should receive results in 3 days.

So now we wait.

No comments: