Thursday, July 3, 2008

To save or not save the TATA

To save or not save the TATA. Man, everybody. I mean everybody has got an opinion.
First thing out of my mouth to Dr. B was get rid of it. I mean it is causing me problems. It is a bad TATA.

Dr. B said think about it. I will call u on Monday and we can set an appoint as soon as you want. Well I want it this week He said I can set something up for the following Thursday. You just need to make a decesion as to what you want .

Mind blowing Decisions.....

Well I started to read. Spoke to Ms. Yvonne my nurse navigator and my Auntie who is a breast cancer survivor and just an amazing woman period. Talked to my coworkers, friends, breast cancer survivors and T. T has only said do what you want, but if you have a mastectomy consider reconstruction at the same time. As you are vain and I think knowing you got a breast coming will help. Ok, ok, what ever.

Well I am a girl who researches, takes the facts, weighs the probabilities and makes a decision .

I decided to have the lumpectomy. Now you got to understand something else. I have a great fear of surgeries. Great fear. If I can avoid having them I will. But I am no fool. I know that this is the first step in this process of saving my life and kicking cancers A#$! But I do not like it.

I am also a person who though may be a drama queen, I do not often accept help very graciously. I am independent and proud. I have a great support group of girlfriends and family. But I do not let many people be close to me. Just how I am . Well I had to make a change....I had to be gracious enough to accept help....Because frankly T and I needed it.

No comments: