Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chemo puts a Sistha Down, down, down, down

Well we went to Ruby Tuesday's , T got something to eat and I had a lemon drop martini...Ok so maybe that wasn't the best choice, but I got it anyway.

T takes me home. I lay down on the couch and there I lay for the weekend. I am sick to my stomach. I cannot seem to get a hold of when I take my medicine for nausea. I am too sick to think. I feel very weak. I just cannot move.

On Monday, T and I go the doctor to receive my Neulasta Shot. This shot is necessary to build my white blood cells up. This shot hurt. My God it hurt. It felt like fire going into my arm. Than the body aches came. I damn near cried. We did not know what to do, I was nauseated and I was in pain.

Terry called our nurse, Ms. Patty and she called in a new nausea medicine. It did not work, I tried another , it did not work. I moved from the couch to the bed and I remained in the bed until 5/26. I could not move, except to go to the bathroom or to try to take a shower.

We could not wait to talk to Dr. Kim, we need an adjustment, we need something. I refused to be completed debilitated regarding my treatment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it mayhave put you down but you're nver out. I am so inspired by your ability to make this fight seem so effortless and as easy as taking a breath. You help me realize that this hospital room is not my prision but my museum exhibit.
Smooches

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry you're having to go through all this, Vickie.!I do believe you're the annihilator; your humor and courage speak so loudly of that! The best part of chemo is that is comes to an end -- and it works. I hope that end is very near now. Two things I appreciate: that you're sharing your story, supporting other women going through breast cancer, and that you have the fine support of Terry by your side.