Wednesday, July 23, 2008

May 16...first chemo...and I am Fly sweetie

May 16th first chemo. I have read everything. I am confident. I am sure since it is my Auntie's B-day it cannot be that bad.


Terry takes me to chemo and drops me off. He says he just cannot handle chemo. Just cannot watch me go through it. I am like ok , no worries. I can handle it.


I am fly, I have on my little cute sweat suit. My cute little heels. Face it beat up baby, beat up! (for you folks who do not know what "beat up" means I have on my full make up) I am equipped! My mom bought me a portable DVD player. Red of course ( Delta Sigma Theta, Baby)...I got DVDs Marvin Gaye in Amsterdam, Dolemite, books ( love mysteries)...Cd's I am ready.


My nurse is Ms. Patty. She is wonderful! Her personality is awesome. First she takes my blood work. Have to make certain , I have the ability to have chemo. Everything is a go! Than she hooks me up to the nausea drugs, steroids, saline...than we have the first chemo. She watch Marvin Gaye with me , she loved it. Than I had to turn the sister on to Dolemite....Down in the Jungle Deep where the signifying monkeys sleep! She laughed and laughed and laughed.

The first chemo treatment last from 9-3:00 pm. I am just chilling. A small allergic reaction. My girlfriend drops me off a little lunch from Ruby Tuesday's . Everything is cool.

Until I get up. Than one of the patients says you have a spot on your pants. Like what...well my period came on. I mean COME...ON! I am going to get my period too! Sheeze....what a way to start this puppy rolling. Any way...I am a little weary but cool. I catch the elevator down stairs and T picks me up and away we go!

No comments: